St. George's College - Lower
Ms. Lucy Castañon Ralph
Head of Junior School
The Junior School provides a dynamic and caring learning environment which is full of energy, enthusiasm, and creativity. The British-based approach to education instills a love of learning which can be seen in all areas of work and play within a positive atmosphere where students thrive and can achieve their very best as independent learners.
We promote learning through child-centred approaches, technology and a variety of learning styles. We also endeavour to develop within our children thinking skills and strong personal characteristics. In the Junior School we work to deliver creative and interactive programmes of study that are enriched by a comprehensive programme of extra-curricular activities which add breadth and depth to our students’ learning.
Our aim is to develop children who:
- Value their own culture, while showing respect for that of others.
- Work as individuals and as part of a team.
- Make, and act upon, informed choices concerning moral, ethical and aesthetic issues.
- Develop lively, positive and inquiring minds.
- Strive for excellence at all times.
- Take pride in their achievements and the success of others.
- Lead a balanced and thoughtful life.
Specialist teachers of Music, Art, PE, ICT, work alongside the class teachers to provide a broad and well-structured programme.
The Junior School values the cultural, religious and linguistic diversity of the students and seeks to establish respect for all nations. We also value the individual child and seek to meet their needs within our resources. In particular, we aim to welcome all new students and their families into our community.
The Junior School comprises the first three Key Stages of the English National Curriculum:
- The Foundation Stage comprises Nursery, pre-Kinder and Kinder (Reception) (3 to 5 yrs. Of age).
- Key Stage 1 comprises Grades1 and 2 (5 to 7 years of age).
- Key Stage 2 comprises Grades 3, 4,and 5) (7 to 11 years of age).
The emphasis in the Junior School is on providing an effective preparation in emotional, social and academic development to provide the child with the basis for successful transition to the Senior School.
ST. GEORGE'S COLLEGE MIRAFLORES CAMPUS
Phone: (511) 445-8147 / (511) 445-9932 E-mail:
ST. GEORGE'S COLLEGE VILLA CAMPUS
(between Hernando Lavalle Avenue and Alameda Don Augusto) - Chorrillos
Phone: (511) 719-7390 E-mail: